Summer theme for 2017 is: “Build A Better World”
Every summer, children in Grades K and up are invited to sign up for:
- Special activities on Tuesdays at 9:30 and/or Wednesdays at 1:30 pm. Any child may be signed up for any or all sessions individually, but space is limited so please call to cancel if your plans change and you will NOT be coming.
Detailed schedule 2017 (pdf):
Summer Reading: Each child will have a reading certificate, and by reporting how much is read per week, will be able to choose small prizes and add to the wall display.
- A pot luck picnic on the last Wednesday (Aug. 16 in 2017) at 5:30 PM for all Summer program participants and their families.
- Two special performances: TJ Wheeler August 1, 2017, in the Jim Mitchell Park. 7:00-8:00 TJ Wheeler is an original but his music is steeped in musical styles that go back hundreds of years. TJ transports audiences of all ages to times and places where their imaginations can vividly and vicariously experience the rich history and soul connections of Blues & Jazz power.It is open to the public, not only for the summer program participants.
- These performances are open to the public, free, and have Handicap access. and are partly funded by a grant. Funding for Kids, Books and the Arts grants was provided by the Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation, CHILIS, the Cogswell Benevolent Trust, and is supported in part by a grant from the NH State Council on the Arts as well as funds administered by the NH State Library and provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and of course, Pillsbury Free Library.)
- All of the events were AMAZING!! We all had fun and learned a lot! Thank you to all for making it a successful summer!! Looking forward to next summer!!
Preschool Summer Story Time: held every Thursday at 10:30 AM for ages 1 and up. Stories, songs and finger plays, and a simple activity with parents help last about 1 hour in all. A great place to meet other parents. No sign up required.