Starting August 5, 2013, the library’s online public access catalog (OPAC) will be based on the open source product KOHA, supported by Bywater Solutions.A� To access your own account you will need your new library card number and a password. Contact library staff for this information. Instructions for using or editing your account are available on the catalog search page. If you have questions, pleaseA�contact us.
- All materials fully searchable by multiple terms
- Cover images for books (video covers coming soon)
- Access to your personal account, contact information etc
- Control over how much checkout history is saved
- Selection of automatic email notices available
- Messages to/from staff when signed into your account
- Reserves, renewals and recommendations online
Contact library staff to get your new library card number and the password to access your personal library account.
By logging into your own account through the OPAC, you will be able to:
- which automatic notices to receive by email (list of items checked out, advance notice of items due back, holds ready to pick up, items returned to the library)
- how much personal checkout history to keep in the system
- contact information to include or change (changes to be approved by library staff)
- temporary deferment of reserves you placed (for example if you are going to be away)
- personal lists of items in the catalog (books read, books to be read later, books to recommend to others…)
- ratings and comments on items in the catalog
- messages to library staff
- reserve requests
- renewal requests
- recommendations for purchases
- messages from library staff
- personal contact information
- all items currently checked out to themselves, and date(s) due back
- items previously checked out to yourself – if you have chosen to keep your own checkout history.