The Pillsbury Free Library in Warner is hosting an “Edible Books Contest and Activity” during the 9th Annual “Spring Into Warner” Arts celebration, Saturday May 14, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Anyone can participate in the “Edible Books Contest and Activity” simply by creating something edible that is somehow book related. For example, it can illustrate a book title, setting, or character, be a food described in a book, or just look like a book. There will be voting for favorite Edible Books on display for the categories of Professional, Amateur and Youth. There will also be voting categories of “funniest”, “cutest”, and “most amazing”.
All Edible Books Contest entries will…
- Be displayed from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm during the May 14 Spring into Warner event
- Have photos posted on our Library Facebook page
- Be listed in an article submitted to the InterTown Record
- Winners will be announced on Facebook and in local papers
- Everyone can participate: the young, the old, the professional and non-professional, residents and non-residents, and even groups.
- Entries must be book-related. Find examples by searching “edible books” on the Internet.
- Entries can be made out of anything, as long as it is edible.
- Entries must be family-friendly.
- Participants can enter up to 3 entries.
- Registration is free!
- There will be ediblebooksENTRY2016 that you must fill out and can bring with you to the library along with your edible book entry, or drop off in advance so we can plan display space.
- You can bring your edible book entry to the Library at 9 am Saturday, May 14 or a day or two before the event if you cannot attend the event (please call 456-2289 and speak with a staff member to arrange your drop-off).
- Votes will be counted at 1:30 pm and winners will receive prizes
Edible Books Family Activity
Saturday May 14 from 9:30 to 1:30 pm
- Make a book and eat it! Free: all supplies provided (but donations accepted)